Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ugh! Finally!!!

I was not shirking my blog! I couldn't get logged in. But here I am now. I can't believe how fast January has gone! I find that time goes so fast these days. Looking forward to getting away to Rio in a month - aaahhh!!!

Anyhoo...It's been a good month. I spent the first 2 months in a terrible funk that I couldn't get out of no matter how hard I tried. Then I realized that was the problem - I was trying too hard. I just needed to allow myself a day to let go & once I did that, I was fine. Plus I got this really cool button for my desk at the Hallmark store. It looks a bit like those "easy" buttons they have at Staples, except it's called a "Boogie Button" and when you push it, it plays "Shake your Groove Thing." I think my favorite part is that now Elijah goes around the house singing "Shake your Groove Thing" - very funny!

I am also reading a new book which I highly recommend. It's called "S.C.O.R.E" by Jim Fannin. The letters stand for Self-discipline, Concentration, Optimism, Relaxation & Enjoyment. It is about having balance in all arenas of life & being able to get into a performance "zone" - it's fantastic! I read the chapter on Optimism this morning & it couldnt have come at a better time. Tomorrow is month end & I needed to finish some sales in order to be where I wanted to be. Well, after reading that chapter, I was able to head optimistically into my day & the orders have been flowing & I have been connecting with customers.

One of the women I connected with was a new mom & their baby has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy & micro-cephaly (the brain does not develop at a "normal" rate). My heart just broke for her & I was once again so thankful to have healthy children. I cannot imagine the struggles and trials they have and will go through. I will have the pleasure of meeting with them next week. It's at times like this I feel very inadequate & ill-prepared. But who knows, maybe all that mom needs is someone to talk to. I just hope I can be of help in some small way. I thank God every day for my children and the blessing they are.

No comments: