Monday, April 30, 2007

A Big Surprise!


So Troy & I were having a conversation a few weeks ago about I'm not even sure what when I suddenly said, "You know if I was going to learn another instrument, I'd want to learn the Steel Guitar. And I'm not getting any younger....Maybe I should make that a goal for this next year."

Well, a few days later, Troy calls me from the guitar shop & says, "I wanted to surprise you with this but I realized you're going to have to come & pick out your own." I was totally blown away. So, here is a picture of my new Dobro Resophonic Square Neck Guitar! Now I need lessons! This is a finger-picking lap guitar. It is tuned differently than a regular guitar & it is played differently - with a slide & finger picks. I am very excited about this. And was so surprised.

So, thank-you Troy for a wonderful & unexpected birthday gift! You're the best!

4 comments:

Roo said...

wow!! nice cindi!!!

Roo said...

PS AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! we are both april babies, heh?

Garth said...

Very nice - hey if you ever need a bass player - you know where I am - at least online!

Cindi said...

You betcha! Now I just have to learn to play the thing!