Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Things you can't "un-see"

So last weekend, Troy & I watched Borat. If you haven't seen it yet, be prepared to look away. There are things in that movie that nothing can prepare you for. Don't get me wrong, it is side-splitting-ly funny but very crude. Don't watch it with your mother... I had seen Sacha Baron Cohen's Golden Globe acceptance speech before seeing the movie & it didn't really register. I went back to YouTube after seeing the movie & then watched the speech again - very, very funny! I just wonder what would have to be going through your mind in order to do some of the things he did. I didn't realize until someone told me as we were watching that the people in the movie thought this was a legitimate documentary. Funny...

We now have the pleasure of watching movies in Troy's parents' new theatre room. But this is not an average theatre room. It is more like an actual theatre adorned with an 11 foot screen & a projector (there are even curtains for the screen), 2 rows of theatre-style recliners, a whoop-ass sound system (complete with Harmon Kardon amp & Paradigm speakers), and a theatre-style popcorn cart. It truly is an experience. The only unfortunate thing is, other than Borat, the only movies we've had a chance to watch on it have been Finding Nemo & Flushed Away.... I'm looking forward to seeing Daniel Craig up close & personal. Now there's an image I won't mind not un-see-ing!

No comments: