Thursday, December 21, 2006

The "Kiss of Jesus"

"You may feel that the odds are stacked against you in life. So what! Every person who has ever achieved something significant had to overcome the odds. The probelm for most people isn't the odds. It's that they sell themselves too short...When it comes to the thing you love to do, the thing you were made to do, aim high. The odds matter little." John C. Maxwell

Mother Theresa called failures that drive us to God "the kiss of Jesus." Well, this has been a year of kisses for me! My relationship with God is stronger than it has been in a long time. We so often sing about grace but when you experience it full throttle, it becomes so much more meaningful. To be drenched in God's mercy is the most incredible feeling. It is one of those things that is hard to describe. How do you describe a sunset to someone who has never seen colors?

It is goal-setting time for me again. And as always, I set my goals high. The reason is that if I miss them, I know that I will have pushed myself & reached things I never would have if I'd just settled for the minimum. The chapter from "The Difference Maker" I read this morning dealt with failure & how it is a neccessary step towards success. If we aren't "failing", chances are, we aren't stretching ourselves out of our comfort zone. So once again, when I set my goals for 2007, they will stretch me. I go into the year expecting great things. And I have learned that our attitude can dictate soooo much of what happens. When you don't expect alot, don't expect alot. I know that the year ahead will be filled with excitement and challenge - bring it on!

1 comment:

Roo said...

merry christmas cindi!!!! so glad to WELCOME you to the blogisphere!
and to read your thoughts.

keep em coming sista.
shalom and love,